Refrigerant Finders buys R-12, R-500, R-113 and R-114 refrigerant. Whether it’s a case of cans, an original 30 pound cylinder, or a 145 pound reclaim tank, we’ll buy it. The more you have, the better! Take a look below to learn about the refrigerants we buy and cylinder tare weights.
- Full name: Refrigerant 12
- Technical name: UN 1028, Dichlorodifluoromethane
- Cylinder Color: White/ tan
- Available quantities: cans, 30 lb cylinders, 50 lb cylinders, 145 lb cylinders
- Full name: Refrigerant 500
- Technical name: UN 2062, Dichlorodifluoromethane and Difluoroethane
- Cylinder Color: Yellow
- Available quantities: 30 lb cylinders, 50 lb cylinders, 145 lb cylinders
- Full name: Refrigerant 11
- Technical name: UN 3082, Trichlorofluoromethane
- Cylinder Color: Orange
- Available quantities: 30 lb cylinder, barrels
- *NOTE* Refrigerant Finders will not buy R-11 in cylinders marked as “solvent”
Common Tare Weights
Disposable cylinders typically have the original brand name and only one valve.
- 50 pound disposable cylinder – 10 pounds
- 30 pound disposable cylinder – 6 pounds
- 15/20 pound disposable cylinder – 4 pounds
Reclaim cylinders vary in size and tare weight. The actual tare weight can be found stamped on the “neck” or “collar” of the cylinder. Look for the letters “TW” followed by numbers indicating the tare weight. If you still have trouble finding the tare weight, we are happy to help.
- 145 pound reclaim cylinder – 55 pounds
- 50 pound reclaim cylinder – typically 35 pounds
- 30 pound reclaim cylinder – typically 20 pounds